Monday, March 24, 2008

Steak and baked potato

Terry returned from Vung Tau just as I was settling in to their apartment for the remainder of my stay. He announced that Hoe was home a day earlier than we expected and wanted to go out for steak. Yikes, I thought. I can't have steak in VN. But we were going to this restaurant that I had seen the other night that is shaped like a barrel on the outside and it has swinging saloon doors (my favorite!) and the servers all wear red gingham shirts. Maybe I am getting a little weary of Vietnamese food constantly after all. Then again, maybe not, but why not try the steak. That steak was one of the best steaks I have ever had - - ever. It was so flavorful with just the right amount of fat. Yum! And the baked potato! Out of this world. The muscians were wonderful, too: a guitar player for the first part and a pianist/singer the second. Beautiful music made all of us stop and turn around to see who we were listening to. A fun night talking and catching up. Hoe has made an appointment with his fortune teller for me on Wednesday morning. He will send his car to pick me up and take me to his house where the reading will take place; he will be the interpreter. I've asked that he not filter ANYTHING so we can see what she says. It will be interesting!

No comments: