Friday, March 28, 2008

Coffee with Paula

Paula is someone Eileen put me in touch with to learn more about the job market in Vietnam. She's actually a former recruiter (for lack of better term). So through email we became fast friends. She's an Australian woman with a quick wit and a masterful command of language. Her emails are a joy to read and often make me laugh out loud. In person this woman is everything and more I expected her to be. We hit it off immediately upon meeting face-to-face. We went to Au Parc for coffee and a chat for about 2 hours. In that length of time we connected more deeply and talked about everything under the sun, much of it revolving around life in Vietnam and its customs. She's a business woman and that's not a group of people I've been able to talk to yet here as most of the women are here because of their husbands and not necessarily on their own volition. I could talk on and on about Paula but to do so would be intrusive to our friendship so suffice to say I have a new friend that will last a long time.

No comments: