Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lunch with Binh

After meeting with the real estate agent I met Binh Nguyen, a friend I met through Son. He met me at Diamond and told me we would eat at a certain resturant that I recognized by name yet can't spell/say here. It's my favorite place to eat as it is a street vendor restaurant with all the vendors gathered around the perimeter of the place. The selection is endless and the food is reliable and delicious. We had so much food that again I was sick afterward. After we received the 6th dish he wondered if he should order more - - it's a real plus to have too much food rather than just enough or not enough. We had the best papaya salad I have ever had! Delicious! Also a great selection of fresh vegetables in a salad-like configuration, lemongrass shrimp on sugarcane, prawns on skewers, spring rolls, and wraps. We drank Saigon beer and sat family style with other guests. It was yummy! Afterward we went to a coffee shop on the park and had a latte and juice. That was where we had a chance to talk about our lives, our business, my visit here, etc. He's a sales rep for Thermo King heating/air conditioning so we talked about distribution and selling. We also discussed plasma televisions because he is in the market for a large one; his current one is only 52" so he wants one that is bigger. Men and their TVs; I guess it's the same all over the world!

No comments: