Sunday, March 23, 2008

A quiet Easter

After breakfast and a stroll I took the taxi back to Mac Di Buoi (mack de boy), my street for these few days. It's a street I could live on: quaint, active, great shops/food, and in the heart of the city. I rested, read, and took a walk around the city. It is 93 degrees but feels cooler with a nice breeze and a fairly dry air right now. Soon it will be the rainy season and all of that will change to oppressive, damp heat. I ate at Green Leaf Cafe across from Dolce & Gabbana where I enjoyed a pot of Jasmine tea, delicious fried rice w lobster/shrimp and red chili w an egg over easy on top, and cold bottled water. I was able to read my book, 'Water for Elephants' but continued to be distracted by all the people, mostly tourists. Since I have a cell phone I appear to be a local so get asked frequently where a certain restaurant or bar is. Maybe someday I'll know the answers to their questions.

Although I really enjoy the area and hotel I will check out tomorrow morning and go to Diamond Plaza where Terry/Eileen live. This area is quite touristy w a predominance of Westerners. It will be great to be back "home" at T/E's and the comfort their home provides mentally and physically.

No comments: