Monday, March 24, 2008

The real estate market

So let's say I lived in Saigon. I would need to find a place to live, right? So pretending that I might live here one day I set up an appointment with Thu Hoang, a realtor recommendation from Hoe/Terry. She's super easy to talk to and we had a great time together looking at apartments on line. If someone were to live here it would be completely impossible to do so under $2800 or so. Perhaps it could be done with a studio apartment for around $1500 but even that would be difficult. Most complexes have grocery stores underneath and all of them have retail, including office services for people working out of their apartments or who travel, dry cleaners, restaurants, coffee houses, Pho 24 (the famous place for pho), and other such stores. I would imagine as a single person who travels living in this community it would be most important to have the security of these places and to be in a centrally located place like District 1 or 3. Tomorrow morning at 9:00, Thu and I will depart by taxi to visit some of the areas we looked at that piqued my interest. You know, just in case. It never hurts to be prepared in case some day a girl might move here.

No comments: