Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday in Saigon

I awoke at my usual 6:00 a.m. so it seems like I'm back on a regular schedule. After checking email and making a few Skype calls I met Terry for breakfast. We went to Au Parc, a French pattisserie near the Reunification Palace, park, and Diamond Plaza where Terry and Eileen live. With French music playing on the speakers (music that I own and play regularly at my cabin in the summer) we drank sweet Vietnamese coffee, ate fresh fruit and our breakfast of eggs w avocado and Terry's breakfast of pancakes w strawberries. The place is filled with expats and a few people came in that I have met before at various functions on my last visit! So I'm in a cafe in Ho Chi Minh City seeing people I "know." Then in the taxi on the way home I saw another familiar face on the street strolling on this Easter Sunday morning. I couldn't feel much more at home than I do right now.

No comments: