Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tibet...and that guy who's name I can't mention






It's not appropriate to mention what's-his-name on this secure computer or in public (especially inside Tibet). But we visited his summer palace today and went to the base of his winter palace. I only took moving pictures of the summer palace so won't show it here; it's full of flowers and is absolutely beautiful! Lots of walking there - - I was out of breath as though I had climbed a hill or ran for awhile. Still trying to aclimmatize. This air is really something. No headache, though! After visiting the summer palace we went to the base of the Potala (the winter palace). I show those pictures here. We will climb up the side of that hill either tomorrow or Monday. I might die there as there are no railings on the stairs that go straight up and down.

No comments: