Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Things are not always as they seem!

I've been meaning to write about this but keep forgetting. It's not the most interesting of posts and will probably be hard to describe with words but on the first day I was here Eileen cut open a beautiful watermelon. I wasn't really hungry for it but the fresh smell permeated the house and tempted me to have some. The flesh was vivid red and all looked well with the beautiful platter of fresh cut slices. Thank fate that I sampled just a small piece of the stuff because I am here to tell you that watermelon was the most horrible thing I've ever tasted. It was completely without sugar. In fact it wasn't just NOT sweet, it went the full spectrum and became completely bitter. The most horrible bitter I've ever tasted. I was able to get Eileen to try a small part to confirm my experience but we never could get Terry to try it. I mean, why would he after all of our contortions about it. Seriously, that was so horrible. And how could I have known? It smelled good, looked good...

No comments: