Friday, March 28, 2008

Vung Tau weekend

After coffee with Son, Binh, and Binh's 9 year-old son, we decided that a trip out of town was in order so I'm heading off to Vung Tau for the weekend. It is a beach/seaside community that is midium-sized so it will be quite a change of pace from the busy-ness of gigantic Saigon. It's nice to have the opportunity to get away; I'm ready for it. There's a high-speed ferry that will take me there through the South China Sea; it's about a 2 hour endeavor from here to there, start to finish. The computer stays at home; I will take just a small bag filled with clothing. Of course, I've already rammed a weeks' worth of clothes and shoes into that bag 'just in case' as is the way I do things. An SMS from Hoe said they will leave for their hike in Hanoi; an SMS from Terry says he will not hike rather go to the physician. A telephone conversation with Paula changed our plans from Sunday to Tuesday. So all bases are covered and I'm off! But first, I'll eat breakfast at my favorite little garden restaurant across the way and read up on Vung Tau.

Did I mention that the fortune teller told me that I would visit Vung Tau before leaving for home? I thought I had lost my opportunity since I didn't go last weekend but now I'm going!

No comments: