Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pure indulgence

To anyone that hasn't taken a long vacation, longer than one week, make it a priority to do so at least once in life. There's no way I would be this relaxed if I didn't know I had more time left on this trip; I've been here one week tomorrow.

This morning I skipped going to the ladies coffee I planned to attend because I wanted to sit outside, drink coconut juice, and read. So that's what I did. I walked over to the garden cafe across the street and ordered pork in clay pot and rice whilst sitting beneath the bamboo with my book. It was hot and overcast - - just perfect for the late morning. Shortly after getting my food Hoe walked in with two customers; shortly after that, Terry walked in with another customer. So I'm running into people I know quite regularly! They were there on business so I didn't dare interrupt them but Hoe came and sat with me for awhile and we talked about my fortune telling experience yesterday where he was the interpreter. That experience bonded us closer together because there were a lot of personal things discussed as a result of that pesky fortune teller somehow knowing every last detail about my life. Damn her.

After my lunch I walked for awhile then caught a taxi to YKC, the spa I went to in September. This time I decided to do it REALLY big. There's nothing they didn't do! (For those of you who have a hard time with the double negative: they did everything!) I arrived at 1:00; I left at 7:15. Here's what I had done: eyelash tint, two hour massage (includes stone treatment), deep facial (1.5 hours), conditioning shampoo, neck massage, foot massage, head massage, manicure, and pedicure. Grand total: $123 or $129 w $6 tip (appropriate tip amount, maybe even a little high). Realty check: the pedicures I normally get are $70 + 15% tip = $85. It's worth the trip over just to get this spa treatment.

No comments: