Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So easy to understand and to hear

I have been told by more than one Vietnamese person that I am easy to understand and to hear. You speak clearly, they say. So many foreigners speak in their throat from what I hear. In a store I helped a clerk with a register problem because she didn't understand what it was saying. Because of our clear communication she was able to fix the problem without contacting her boss so she was thrilled. She asked me questions about myself like where I live and what I do before handing me my stuff and saying 'See you again.' Lan said the same thing. She said she's able to hear the syllables of all my words and makes it so much easier to understand. That's a great compliment and makes me confident that I can communicate here.

No comments: