Saturday, April 5, 2008

Flying Business Class

Flying Business Class on the return flight helped me feel more rested and ready to jump back into my normal schedule. Surprisingly so! Upon returing home I jumped right into work and also made an appointment with my physician to look at these bites on my legs. After taking a vial of blood it was determined that I had a high white count so I began taking an antibiodic to ward off further infection. I will also visit an infectuous diseases doctor in mid-April to make sure everything is in check. Apparently there's a parasite carried by sand fleas that can cause a lot of problems; that's what we're trying to avoid here. By Friday, I was up at 6:30 and at my desk working! Granted, I was in bed early Friday evening but still, I'm much better this time than the last trip. I attribute that to Business Class flying.

Business Class was great but the flight attendants are almost too attentive! I hate to say that but they were a little overly sometimes. And they're heavy on the politeness. Here's what I mean: After eating I nestled in to my seat with my blanket and pillow and closed my eyes thinking they'd just remove my tray and placemat. But rather than take it unnoticed they'd actually WAKE ME UP and ask me if they could take it!? I really don't mean to complain - - it was a great experience to have that service and great seat on that long flight back. With those bug bites and the itchy condition I was in I can't fathom riding in the coach with that A/V box at my feet. I really think I would have gone crazy.

Here's where the price of the ticket is REALLY worth it: the lounge in Taipei and Ho Chi Minh City. I had a great meal, great view, and internet access in HCMC. In Taipei I was able to take a 20 minute shower and have a change of clothes. It was heaven! Had I had a bit longer layover I could have enjoyed what looked like a really good meal of dumplings, fruit, beverages galore, and other snacks. There were a lot of people in that lounge so finding a spot to sit wasn't easy. All I cared about was that shower. It made all the difference on my comfort later in the flight.

The staff in the lounge in Taipei were wonderful. They did their best trying to pronounce my last name so I spoke it out slowly, saying each individual part of it. They repeated with great enunciation and continued to pronounce it clearly and precisely (to a fault) for the rest of the time I was there: over the loud speaker when they called me for the shower, greeting me when I went to get my towels, and saying good-bye to me when I left for my flight. It was a fun exchange.

I doubt I'll ever fly economy class again on that leg of the flight for sure! It was worth the price paid.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

ativan mg ativan dosage levels - ativan 2mg tablet

Anonymous said...

valium generic valium 5mg dan 5619 - drugs for depression valium

Anonymous said...

order ativan ativan dosage equal xanax - ativan side effects short term

Anonymous said...

diazepam online diazepam nursing - diazepam 2mg alcohol

Anonymous said...

diazepam dosage for dogs diazepam valium grapefruit - drug information on diazepam

Anonymous said...

where can i buy xanax online xanax drug flying - what type of drug is xanax

Anonymous said...

ativan online pharmacy long until ativan addiction - side effects of ativan

Anonymous said...

xanax no prescription xanax side effects for dogs - xanax 0 5 mg alprazolam

Anonymous said...

buy alprazolam online without prescription xanax used opiate withdrawal - buy alprazolam online australia

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol buy soma online in texas - carisoprodol 350mg dosage

Anonymous said...

soma muscle carisoprodol e 724 - buy soma online with cod

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription needed valium effects long - valium 5mg high

Anonymous said...

soma buy carisoprodol 120 - carisoprodol opiate withdrawal

Anonymous said...

ambien order ambien walrus toothpastefordinner - can you drug test ambien

Anonymous said...

soma muscle carisoprodol 350 mg dosage - soma muscle relaxer and alcohol

Anonymous said...

buy soma medicamento carisoprodol 350 mg - where to buy soma chocolate

Anonymous said...

valium price valium 5mg how long - valium online canada no prescription

Anonymous said...

cheap valium effects of valium on the liver - what is valium classified as