Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Free Tibet? Okay, maybe...

I go back and forth about this one. Terry brought up a good point when discussing this issue with Eileen and I. While Eileen and I argue the infrastructure of Tibet is much better with China's involvement, Terry argues that that's unnecessary because why do they need to be like us? They don't! They should be able to decide how to live their lives not be dictated by China on how to live. It was sad to see books at the Cheng Du airport (China) that say, "China's Tibet" as if China is taking full credit for the rich culture and beautiful people of Tibet. I'm stll learning about this topic and I go back and forth on it. Hopefully I'll gain more insight when I read the History of Tibet book I purchased as well as discussing this issue with Tibetans I'll seek out here. Minnesota has the 2nd largest Tibetan immigrants second only to New York. Interesting.

No comments: